Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Longing For Something



I was longing for something,
but did not know what.
Feelings of emptiness, resonated within me,
passion for life disappeared.
I faced my demons once again,
Knowing I needed to get through,
this thick sludge I call my life.
A voice inside, spoke to me,
 telling me, what I must do.
I heard it, but did not act on it.
Soon, another voice answered me,
this time the voice asked me,
What was I doing with my life?
Did I not know that life is brief,
you must create the life you want?
The life you dream about, day and night,
the life that will make you happy again?
So I started my plans,
my plans to do what I must do.... for me.
Stop putting others before me,
until I have no life of my own.




Starting on this new life for me,
began to open doors, locked doors,
or so I thought. Doors, I thought I'd never see,
but once I started opening them,
more doors opened too.
All of a sudden my life starts looking up,
the life I desire begins in little ways,
that never were apparent before.
All of a sudden things began to happen,
life is promising again, yes,
even though not at the spot I need
to be, but is on the horizon.
Making your life is creating a new
self, the person you always said
you wanted to be. Now is your chance,
and maybe your only chance.
So grab it, don't let go,
don't look back, just ahead.





Find the new things that will,
make your life whole again.
It may be easy for some,
harder for others, some will
never discover how to start.
I got started after many false starts,
when I did, I got going 
it felt and still feels good.
I am running full speed
toward my much hoped for goal.
My goal has propelled me 
to doors, I never dreamed of before,
it is exciting and makes me grin.





You must search for your own
happiness and self-worth, no one else
will give it to you, it is all up to you.
The day I learned that, is that day my
freedom and happiness surfaced.
I could see it, I could sense it,
I knew it was time to grab it
while I still can, no matter how old,
how poor, how bad your health is,
take hold of that dream and do not
give up no matter what. 
Find a way, a person to help, learn 
how to make your life your own. 
Nobody, not even a parent, a spouse,
or child can do it for you.
Now get started.............





Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole


No comments: