Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Life Gets Me Down At Times



I have learned over the years that when I am down, I am not down low enough. Some circumstance always happens to make it worse, lower or impossible. To be honest, my whole life, not just now, but from the time I was grown up, my life has never been happy or that good. I try to make it sound like I am happy when I write and on social media. It is just a front for the world. Nothing ever has worked out in my favor. I know, you are probably saying, "Oh, that  is not true." It is though. Life has not been good to me. Even the years that I was married to my first husband and didn't have any money worries, my life was miserable. I won't go into why and what he did, but he was a pretty low human being.




When my brother and I were growing up, we didn't have a lot of money but we lived good. My parents both worked and we always had a nice home, two cars and all the conveniences. We had a lot of friends and never any real problems back then. But when I grew up life seemed to be hard for me.I was a single mother for a number of years and truthfully, I was too young for that job. I always say my son and I grew up together. We did, since I got pregnant at 16 and was a mother at 17. Way too young!




I ended up marrying for the first time when my son was 9 years old and I was 27.  Up until then, I had not really wanted to get married or tied down to anyone.I enjoyed my life as a free spirit, as I called myself, when any guy tried to tie me down.  My first husband was a successful local businessman and knew how to impress a young woman. He did. I married him. Yeah, we lived the good life, but I was far from happy with him. At times I felt like he was my father or my keeper instead of my husband. Needless to say, I ended up divorced from him after fourteen years together.




But........life goes on. So it shall now too. My life is in the middle of big changes that I am looking forward to. They are coming and I am making them happen. Nobody else is.





Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: