Sunday, March 04, 2018

Being A Woman




Being A Woman


Being a woman 
makes me feel so many things. 
I like receiving flowers 
or candy for no reason. 
I like being comforted 
when I'm sad or afraid. 
I enjoy being admired 
by an unknown man. 



Being a woman makes me glad, 
that I have feelings and thoughts 
which are mine alone. 
That a sad movie will make me cry, 
and a funny story makes me laugh. 



Being a woman makes me 
experience many pleasures of life, 
A man making love to me, 
a child's life beginning in my womb. 
Knowing that my being a woman 
has brought much happiness to others. 



Being a woman makes me 
want to be feminine, in a hard world. 
To at times be tough and worldly 
when I don't feel that way at all. 
To want a man take care of me 
but instead I must take care of him. 
Afterwards it is a feeling of 
yes, I did it by myself. 



Being a woman brings duties 
to a daughter of aging parents. 
To be the one to take care 
of a sick or crippled mother. 
To be the one to help a father 
get through the death of his wife. 
Deal with the feelings of being 
a woman losing her parents. 

Being a woman isn't always easy.









Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole

All Photographs Copyright © 2018 Kathleen G. Lupole

No comments: