Saturday, March 19, 2011

What A Winter We Had!



Two weeks ago we had that horrible blizzard. We got 19" of snow on top of what we already had. As you can see our driveway was going to be an all day shoveling job for my husband. My husband who was already working with a bad arm, a bad foot and bad heels. Now has a pretty serious back injury after falling from the barn roof. So he was NOT looking forward to this job!






Our truck bed was packed full of snow! I had never seen it like that before. Mounds of snow all over the place. And while he was out there starting the job before him..............lo, and behold - 






We heard someone on the bridge and wondered if it was our highway department. Nope. It was our neighbor, Charlie, who was plowing the bridge since it hadn't been plowed for a period of time. He pulled up and asked my husband if he'd like the driveway plowed. He plowed it for us, and would not take a dime for it. Saved my husband from having to do an awful lot of work. I hope we have seen the last of our snow and spring is on our way. Sending many prayers and blessings on to our nice neighbor, Charlie!




Copyright © 2011 Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole

2 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Hey Kat..(hope I can call you Kat?? It's endearing!) I will try to send some spring your way. Can't imagine that much snow! Envy you in a way though - cause that is unheard of here! We are having 60-70 degree days here in Nashville. Buttercups are blooming and trees are starting to turn green. It's really pretty. I know you are ready for it! Enjoy your blog so much.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Wow! We dodged that storm here in NJ, thank goodness. Here's hoping that the snow is gone for good until next winter!